Here's another open draft to track my progress on securing funding to make my work on the DatPy project sustainable. Producing free software does not need to be done for free. As producers of free software, we need to share knowledge on how to make the work sustainable. This is my contribution so far.
It is currently a fact of life that securing funds for free software infrastructural work. This is work comes without a “business model” and cannot return on investment. Infrastructure work is however still incredibly valuable. Here's my current reading list on understanding our current reality for funding opportunities.
- ”... She identified infrastructure and public data as two of the major categories that struggle with funding....”
- Roads and Bridges: The Unseen Labor Behind Our Digital Infrastructure
When I have some spare time I will be publishing the text of each application. I think this is important to do. It would be very useful if I could see the successful application text of other projects with a similar focus.
- [x] NLNet Foundation “Open Call”
- [x] Awesome Foundation Rotterdam chapter
- [ ]
Stimulerings Fonds: Grant Programme for Digital Culture
- [X] RIPE NCC Community Projects Fund